AMEL, the company for high precision measuring equipment
Amel has been producing sophisticated instruments for professional research and laboratories since 1959. Working in contact with a variety of electrochemistry realities, the company allowed for the development of top-notch equipment and support service. The research and development department allows for ad-hoc solutions, providing engineering service and design suggestions aimed to optimize customer performance and experience. During the years, a wide range of highly specialized products are born, thanks to this expertise. All products satisfy ISO9001 quality system and its further developments.
A wide production line with unique and legendary quality
- Microprocessor-based laboratory potentiostats for routine measurements and advanced research
- Full range of ancillary equipment to help in difficult measuring tasks
- Portable units for “in-situ” tests
- High power units for renewable energy research and production test
- Trace analyser for pollutant
- Polarography equipment for metal detection to ppb levels
- Computer driven instruments with analisys software
- Full line of special electrodes
Laboratory measuring instruments
- pH, conductivity, oxygen and ion probes for AMEL’s instruments
- Field-tested reliability for everyday use
- Robust construction and easy maintenance
Environment-quality water analysis
- Multiple parameters sensors
- Selective electrodes on specific tasks
- Highly reliable operations
- Operation down to 200 m water level
- Measure-and-go or fixed stations
- Datalogger units, process control units, GSM connected remote stations
Glassware, electrodes and accessories
- ASTM cell glassware, polarography cells, magnetic stirrers
- High temperature (1200 C°) sample holders and ovens for ceramics/new materials research
- Full range of electrodes for laboratory and in-field applications
- Miniaturised versions for special applications
- Custom instruments and on-demand versions
- VA-peak Voltammetric software for analytical chemist
- Specific software for Tracescan, 433, acquamaster and more…
Since 1959 AMEL has been involved in the design and manufacturing of measuring instruments for electrochemical applications. The firm was born within the University of Padua as technical support for instrumentation needs. We underwent a rapid growth and expansion into the industrial sector without abandoning our origin: univerity research. AMEL places the priority in providing specific technical solutions and We are thus considered a reference company as partner for the solution of complex tasks in public and private sectors.
AMEL was founded in 1959 by Professor Luigi Grifone (1927-1983), who conceived the company as a spin-off of the University of Padua, where he teaching in the late 50s. Luigi Grifone was a pioneer in the development of electrochemistry in Italy and AMEL was the first and only Italian company producing potentiostats and other electrochemical devices.
(1959) First Potentiostat
The first potentiostat was introduced on the market at the end of the 1950s, being thought for analytical electrochemistry. AMEL played an important role in the development of electrochemistry in Italy.
Oscillographic Polarograph (1964)
In 1964 the oscillographic potentiostat was born, a very advanced instrument considering that the PCs were not yet used in laboratories.
(1970) Corrograph and more!
In the 70s the company diversified its production by expanding the product range to cover all the different needs of chemistry laboratories. From pH meters to titrators and, obviously, potentiostats and polarographs that stand at the core business of the company. In particular, in those years, the first real electrochemical station was built, made up of a set of integrated devices to perform the most common electrochemical experiments: the new system, called “Corrograph”, rapidly became the most common assembly device in Italian universities and research labs.
System 5000 (1981)
In 1981, the advent of Personal Computer as an indispensable accessory in all laboratories, led AMEL to design the first integrated station: AMEL System 5000, a fully PC-connected system able to include five different instruments into a single device.
(1990) 2000 Family
The computer evolution of the 90s allows the realization of the new 2000 line of potentiostats. Part of the measures that were previously done with analogical instrument are now integrated through the use of dedicated software.
7000 Family (2003)
In 2003 the Model 7050 was born. It was a potentiostat operating as an electrochemical station and equipped with a software specifically designed for electrochemical applications.
(2012) New Model 4330
In 2012, Amel improved the polarographic line with the Model 4330, which is still on the market today.
255x Family (2015)
In 2015 a new line of potentiostats, called series 255, was born. Model 2700 was later introduced as Frequency Response Analyzer. All instruments are supplied with specific software developed in conjunction with Como University. The new software called VApeak has been designed for electrochemical researchers taking in account any possible needs.
(2017) ThinCorr System
In 2017, AMEL developed the ThinCorr for localized corrosion measurements. Thanks to its particular sensor and its portability, ThinCorr can be used successfully used on the field, particularly with statues and artistic elements.